Rules & Regulations of Online Application
for B.Ed. Admission (2017-19)
- Medium of instructions: Bengali/ English
- The B.Ed. programme shall be of a duration of two academic sessions, which can be completed in a maximum of three years from the date of admission to the programme.
- 20% of the seats (for self-financed colleges) and 50% of the seats for the WBUTTEPA (erstwhile David Hare Training College), will be reserved for Deputed teachers of classes VI-XII. Deputed teachers mean the teachers serving as substantive posts.
- Candidates should be Graduates in a school subject from a recognized university.
- Candidates with at least 50% marks either in the Bachelor's Degree(General) / or in the Master's Degree in School subjects are eligible to apply.
- Bachelor's in Engineering or Technology with Science and/or Mathematics, with 55% marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto, are also eligible for admission. Such candidates are required to enter the marks of B.E/ B. Tech. in the row of Honours Degree. M.E. / M. Tech result (if any) will be entered in the Master’s Degree row.
- Honours Graduates in school subject should enter the Honours marks only in the row of Bachelor’s degree (Honours).
- In case of General Graduates, the total marks obtained in general subjects should be entered in the row of Bachelor’s degree (General).
- For candidates with less than 50% marks in the honours degree, the total marks of pass and Honours subjects will be considered. If it becomes 50% or more, that score will be entered in Graduation (General) row.
- For fresh candidates, merit list will be prepared separately for each school subject based on scoring.
- For Deputed Candidates, merit list will be prepared separately for each school subject based on length of service.
- Reservation of seats for SC/ST/PWD ( Minimum disability 40%)candidates will be as per Govt. Rules. Relaxation of minimum qualifying marks will be as per Govt. rules. The Reservation as stated is not applicable for Self-Financed Colleges.
- School subjects of teaching offered are those which have been stated in the New Curriculum of WBUTTEPA :
Method Subjects List Arabic Bengali Commerce Computer Science Economics Education English Fine Arts Geography Hindi History Life Science Mathematics Music Philosophy Physical Science Political Science Psychology Sanskrit Sociology Urdu
- Admission procedure for B.Ed. Course (Fresh):
Admission will be on the basis of scores against marks obtained in qualifying examinations and as per norms of University. Maximum Scores against marks for different level of examinations will be as follows:
- i) Madhyamik/Equivalent Examination 20
- ii) Higher Secondary Examination 20
- iii) B.A./B.Sc./B.Com. (General/Pass) 20
- iv) B.A./B.Sc./B.Com. (Honours) 30
- v) B.E./B.Tech. 30
- vi) M.A./M.Sc./M.Com. 30
- Calculation of Scores against marks for different examinations will be as follows:
Name of the Examination Total marks Marks Obtained % of Marks
(a X b)
Madhyamik/Equivalent Examination TM OM M = (OM*100)/TM 0.2 M X 0.2 Higher Secondary Examination TM OM M = (OM*100)/TM 0.2 M x 0.2 B.A./B.Sc./B.Com. (General/Pass) TM OM M = (OM*100)/TM 0.2 M x 0.2 B.A./B.Sc./B.Com. (Honours) TM OM M = (OM*100)/TM 0.3 M x 0.3 B.E./B.Tech. TM OM M = (OM*100)/TM 0.3 M x 0.3 M.A./M.Sc./M.Com. TM OM M = (OM*100)/TM 0.3 M x 0.3
For scoring in HS, the marks obtained in best five subjects excluding Environmental Studies will be considered.
- Deputed Teachers (as per NCTE norms) from recognized Secondary & Higher Secondary School of West Bengal are eligible to apply.
For Deputed Candidates
Applicants deputed by School must submit an attested copy of M.C. resolution recording the approval of Service in regard to his/her service with the form.
Following additional documents are required to be submitted positively on the day of joining the B.Ed. programmes in institutions under the University:
- Release order from the Headmaster / Headmistress.
- Attested copy of M.C. resolution with regards to his/her deputation, countersigned by D. I. of Schools (Secondary).
- Certificate from Competent Authority whether the candidate teaches in Class VI or above.
- Three copies of passport size photographs of the applicant.
- Deputation form duly filled in (available from the Institution after admission)
- A certificate with the following information is to be submitted from the Secretary or Headmaster/Headmistress (where he/she is serving) and counter signed by the D.I. of Schools of the District concerned:
- Certified that the School is in receipt of aid on full/ deficit/ lumpsum grant basis or that school in unaided or salary deficit scheme one.
- Certified that she/he is duly approved teacher.
- Certified that she/he is duly approved teacher.
- Certified that she/he is being deputed by the school for undergoing two year B.Ed. Courses (2017-19)
Candidates pursuing any other course in the WBUTTEPA or any other University during 2017-19 academic session are not eligible for admission to the B. Ed. programme for the session 2017-19.
Application fee is Rs. 600/- for General candidates and Rs.350/- for SC/ST/PWD candidates